Wednesday 16 March 2022

Twin Point Mandolins

My Twin-Point mandolin has subtly evolved over the years and here you can see all for them from the first maple one built in 2007 to the present. The head shape, bridge design and my own handmade tailpiece are the obvious changes and quite a few have custom features too! I‘ve just limited myself to a couple of selected photos per instrument (in most cases!)
The first.....
 

"The Red Mandolin"

 Quilted Maple

English walnut with cast Dean tailpiece
Richard supplied the cast Brian Dean tailpiece for his mandolin, which got me thinking about the development of my own design. You can hear Richard playing his mandolin here. The accompanying guitar is also Richard, playing a Nava Model Two guitar. Many thanks!

 English walnut

Cocobolo and Adirondack, "F" style head
At Brendan's request, this was the first of the F style heads 

Cocobolo and Adirondack


Cocobolo and Adirondack


3 piece Cocobolo back with custom "Family Tree" inlay


English Walnut and Adirondack


Indian Rosewood and Adirondack


Cocobolo and Adirondack with a touch of abalone



Cocobolo 

#14 Cocobolo and Red spruce

#15 Claro Walnut and European Spruce 
note new head shape (2022)

 More details of my twin-points and other mandolins can be found on here my website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.